Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions Of Peforming
1. The client agrees to provide refreshments for the artiste as required during the event.
2. A deposit of £50 is required to secure any date booked.
3. In the event of cancellation, deposits are not refundable.
4. In the event of cancellation one month or less before the event, the full fee will be payable.
5. The artiste agrees to be properly dressed and to perform to the agreed wishes of the client.
Terms and Conditions Of Teaching
1. The current fees for lessons are £15 for half an hour, £20 for 45 minutes (from 1st March 2016) and £25 for an hour.
2. Lessons must be paid for on the day of the lesson.
3. If a lesson is missed because a pupil is ill - no charge will be made (however, please give as much notice as you can).
4. If a lesson is missed because of a pre approved reason and at least 24 hours notice is given - no charge will be made.
5. If a lesson is missed through forgetfulness or other reasons then the usual charge for the lesson will be made.
6. If a lesson is cancelled by the teacher, no charge will be made.
7. If there is an ongoing issue with payment, payment for lessons will be required in advance ( 10 lessons). In this instance, if any lesson is missed for any reason(except if cancelled by the teacher. In this instance the lesson will be made up or refunded), lessons will not be made up or refunded.
8. Any assistance required out of lessons, ie to accompany in an exam, to attend auditions, to assist with recording of cd's/showreels, to send applications or other related activities etc - will be charged at normal teaching rates with the prior agreement of the teacher and the pupil/parent/guardian.
9. Any backing tracks and cd's needed will be charged at the following rates with the prior agreement of the teacher and the pupil/parent/guardian:
a) If the track is already in the backing track library of the teacher, 25p per track will be charged.
b) If a new one needs to be purchased, the track will be charged for at the purchased rate. (These costs can vary from 79p to £12 per track for an existing track and up to £100 for a new fully engineered commission).
c) All cd's burned will be charged at £1 per cd.
d) If the teacher is required to make a backing track (ie on the piano) as there is no other backing track/suitable key available, a charge of £10 per track will be made.
10. The Pupil will not be entered for any competition or public performance (organised or suggested by the teacher) or examination without the prior consent of both the teacher and the pupil/parent/guardian.
11. Examination fees and any additional music required must be paid for in advance with prior agreement from the teacher and pupil/parent/guardian.
12. By using the teachers services, you agree to be bound by these terms.